Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Begining and Possibly the End. Part 10

July 27, 2012

A couple of weeks ago I called down to Texas to check up on the status of things, and to see how the kids were doing.
Their worker answered and said, Oh! I was just going to call you. I forgot to get your SS#'s. I got a email last week asking for them." Well, gee whiz sweetheart, you got it last week and today is Friday...sigh.

Anyhow she said that this was the last thing needed before sending it off to Minnesota. I kinda didn't believe her. I mean this has been such a pain in the ass the whole time. I just kinda filed it back in the old filing cabinet that is called my brain...have I mentioned that my filing system seems to be broke a lot? Luckily I did remember to pass the news along to all the people waiting just as impatiently as me. The best answer I could give them as to when this would all start was, as soon as last week, or who the heck knows when.

I really should re-read my last post before starting a new one. That was pretty much all a recap of what I said before.
D'Oh, sorry.
So I get a call today, and I looked at the number before I answered the phone and it kinda looked familiar but wasn't sure. OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD! It was county calling me about the kids. My county, not Texas's county. She literally had just gotten the notice that she got my case, and didn't even have the case in front of her yet! HALLAFRICKINULA!!! Finally we are on my turf...sort of. I at least speak the same language. This lady was awesome! She is the link that I needed all along. Me and her are going to get along just swimmingly.

Then it hits me...holy shit this is the lady who has the power to say we are not good enough as foster/adoptive parents!  This is the lady who will be looking into EVERY single little wrinkle of my life. She will be judging me based on how my life has turned out, or not turned out. She is the human form of God on judgement day. I could be so screwed. I mean I have always tried to live my life decently, but there was some times where I just straight up didn't use my brain, and the out comes were...well...not so pretty. 

She sounded so happy to have gotten a hold of me right away. Apparently, she has had a streak of wrong numbers or whatever and has used up two of the four weeks she has to get this all done just trying to get a hold of the people. Not the case with me, oh no baby. Here I am! Right here! See me jumping up and down? Over here! Hi I'm Kim, and I will be available anytime you need me.

So because DH is the only bread winner of the family, she is going to try to do this with as little lost time from work as possible for him. What a sweetheart! So we set up a date for the first homestudy. (We get to have three or four of these lovely interrogation.)for the 6th of August, that way he had time to let work know he needed that day off. He gets off early today and says...nope that's not gonna work. Umm, what do you mean that's not going to work? Let me explain the way things go regarding adoption and dealing with the state...we politely nod our heads yes, and say whatever works for you is just fine for us. Apparently just about everyone in his office is taking that day off. This would include the only other person who know's how to do his job. Shaaa it! 

So I call my worker back. You have no idea how wonderful that sounds to my ears. My worker. She is all mine. Mine, mine, mine. Ok, enough already, I call her back and very humbly ask, "can we reschedule please? He just found out that the other person who can do his job is on vacation that day. I am so very sorry." Well after some time we figured it out and settled for the 1st of the month. Whoa Nellie! I just moved this up six days, and I am so not ready for them to come and see my house. I am almost there, but ya know, life happens and things get put on the back burner...It is officially time to PANIC! People have been asking me all along, if I'm getting stressed out or anything, and I haven't. That is until I received the phone call and was given an actual date for this to start. 

So Princess and I started cleaning the kitchen. Well I should say Princess started cleaning, because I was busy running around in circles. I was making to do lists, shopping lists, notes telling me what I was supposed to be doing, texting my peeps, calling my Uncle...I did manage to clean almost all the pantry so I guess I did some cleaning. I even managed to get 98% of the girls room done too. Cooking dinner was a breeze as we ordered pizza. I was a very bad girl and strayed from my diet. I figured it was ok to have extra sodium since I hadn't eaten yet. And now I am just babbling.

I suppose I should finally tell my dad about our attempt to adopt the kids. I'll call him up and say something along the lines of, "oh by the way your going to have to buy extra birthday cards cuz we're adopting three more kiddies."  I just know what he's gonna say. "Why in the hell are you going to do this? Don't you have enough problems and crap? You can't even afford the kids you have." Ok maybe he wont say the last line, but I know he's thinking it. I know he doesn't understand why I do things like this, and that's ok. Hell, for that matter sometimes I don't have a clue as to why I do it. All I know is that it feels like the right thing to do. So it's really time to hang on to our hats and take off like a whirlwind. Ok, well maybe not, but my worker has only 30 days to get this all done, so here we go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment