Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Begining and Possibly the End. Part 11

7/30/2012
So I asked a couple of friends to come over and assist me in finishing the house so we are ready for our home study, and with their help we kicked butt and got it all sparkly and shinny. Thank you my girls! Oh my gosh! My worker called me back today and told me that I needed to make sure we filled out the paperwork she emailed me. I told her the paperwork I had didn't have any place to write on it. Turns out she sent me more forms, that gives bitty spots to write a brief long answer. Yes I know I just contradicted myself, but it's true. There are sections that ask multiple questions and you have to give very brief answers. Yeah fun! I have never contemplated the nurturing going on during my childhood until I had to answer that question, then again I guess I never really thought a lot about stuff like that. It just was, and I'm finding it kinda hard to put into words.. I understand that many of the kids out there didn't have a "normal" childhood and that is why they are where they are and the workers what to make sure the home they go to has the right stuff. Good gads.

She also told me that this case, which she still hasn't gotten a chance to read is a rule 7. She then continued on as if I had a clue as to what she was talking about. I finally got her to stop and explain what a rule 7 was. Basically it means that my worker now has only 20 days to do our home study which involves the interviews and all the paperwork, rather than the normal 30 days.  Why? Because the state the kids are in wants them in their new home ASAP. Can't blame them one bit, and I guess it's a good thing for us as we might get them sooner and hopefully before school starts.

So tomorrow is the first of the home studies, and she will be mainly focusing on DH, so he doesn't have to miss a bunch of work except for when we go to court. I think I kinda like it that way cuz then I can see what I'm in for and try to get my thoughts in order. Now if I can only figure out where to put the boys until it's time to meet the worker so they don't mess the house up. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment