Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

When Did I Grow Up

Ya know, I used to see mom's out there when I was much younger and think to myself, "wow how did they let themselves get so dumpy?" I mean I seriously remember being there in Target and actually thinking this an after thought of the line of, "I will never let myself get so uncool."

Now why I thought that, I have no idea. I, myself was never the type of  being in style kinda girl, or a cool kid. Maybe that's the reason I thought that. Then again, every teenager who has parents who give a damn about them view the parents as aliens from another world. Think I'm sticking with the second one.

I was doing good when I had Princess. Cool, hip, fun mom. I mean I was really strict with her, but we had a ton of fun. I actually knew how to laugh. We went camping, fishing, roller blading, snuggling, shopping... Now? It isn't happening. Somewhere I lost my youth.

I'm not fun anymore. I don't have the energy to do things with the kids. In fact the little bit of energy I do have, they suck right out within five minutes of waking up. I don't laugh as much, and I don't just stop and grab a hand and start dancing. I'm too busy trying to get through a day. Screw that, to busy trying to get through an hour. 

The little things that I should be gaining pleasure from are just wearing me down. I am not able to enjoy life right now. It seems somewhere along the way...I grew up and became one of those dumpy parents from my yesteryear. 

Gosh darn it! I refuse to cave into the stereotypical description of growing up! If it rains, you can bet your sweet ass I'm grabbing a little hand and we are going to go dance in the rain. Ok, it will only be with Superman, since Jokester, and Princess hate rain, but dancing we shall go. Oh, and when it gets much warmer here, it's still a bit chilly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment