Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Begining and Possibly the End. Part 5

5/14/2012
So this weekend me and DH went to the classes for foster/adoption licensing here in Minnesota. Well I should say we went to the first class. It was interesting, but not really helpful. Talk about making the poor kids out there waiting to adopt look horrible. They have problems so what, everyone has problems. These kids just weren't given the skills to learn how to deal with a normal life. Talking about all the kids out there, not just the one's we are looking to adopt.

Speaking of kids...I finally heard back from their workers supervisor, but the steps involved to get to that were just crazy. I called her for about a week 2-3 times a day. I then called her supervisor I believe three times ( have it written down here somewhere) she never called me back. Today I called and left a message with supervisor next in line. I then went on the adoption site for the state of Texas. I located an email address and since I had no idea which region I needed so I just emailed the main peoples. I spewed my problem and issue out and left it at that. I forgot to check my emails later in the day, and when I got to Princess's school to pick her up my phone rings. Guess who it is? It was the immediate supervisor to the worker calling me back finally. Guess what else??? I got home and checked my emails and there was a reply to my email at 3:25, the supervisor called me at 4:32. Hmmm.

So anyhow me and the supervisor talked for about an hour, her getting to know me and find out what I knew of the situations that landed the kids there. I told her all I knew. I told her about my family, and why we were doing this. I told her that this is what family is supposed to do. Rally around and take care of family so that we can keep the traditions strong, and I will have answers for the children when they start asking who their peoples are. She explained that the state had entered into an agreement with the parents regarding their placement and what not. She told me that these would be special needs children who would need long term therapy. I told her that I would have been surprised if the children didn't need help with behaviors and learning how to deal with things. It is the parents who stated that these children would be getting adopted by their foster family. I'm not sure what the goal was in this, but I made it very clear that I would do whatever I needed to do in order to keep in accordance with the agreement they had established. I would be their adopting foster parent.

She sounded pleasantly surprised by some of my answers, and she seemed to perk up with each one. She did make it very clear that they might not be able to let me foster/adopt the kids due to the agreement, but she would bring everything I told her to the children's lawyer and Guardian Ad Litem and get back to me as soon as she got an answer. At least this time I wasn't told no flat out, and things were explained to me. I have the feeling that I can trust what this girl says. Now it's just the waiting game again. I'm not sure what I will do if the children's lawyers come back and say no. At this point, do I just give up and let my family disappear, or do I continue to fight for them?  I hate having so many variables and unknowns flying around me. It makes me uncomfortable to put it mildly. Time to sleep on it and pray to the Good Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment