Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Henry's Friend


Well it seems as if Pig Pen the duck is here to stay. Yes we named him Pig Pen as he loves the mud and is never completely white. I still haven't been able to get him to go into the pool. Don't figure.

Anyhow, he's lonely I guess, or he just likes dogs. Henry in particular. Henry likes him too, but I'm pretty sure Henry has other ideas than just playing like old friends. 

It never fails that when I let Henry out to do his business Pig Pen will come running, ok maybe waddling really fast up the yard to see Henry. He knows just how far the leash will go, and he will then just sit there and look at Henry. 

Pig Pen likes to mess with all the dogs, but especially Henry. Pig Pen will wait until the dogs turn around and start walking away, and then he will follow them. I think he has a death wish or something, maybe he likes to mess with me too and give me a heart attack. Anyhow once the dog gets so far, he will let out a quack and wait for the dog to turn around...and then run just past where the leash will end. I think he finds it comical to watch the dogs get whiplash. 

 Pig Pen and Henry

The other night, after I locked Pig Pen up for the night in the garden I grabbed the walking leash and hooked Henry up and walked him to the garden. He was so intent on smelling the duck smell on the ground that he didn't even realize that there was a duck standing right in front of him, separated only by some chicken wire, that is until Pig Pen charged the fence. Henry finally focused on the duck, and the two of them just stared at each other. It was intense I tell you. Neither of them moved a muscle for about two minutes. Then Henry couldn't contain himself any longer. The sound he let out resembled something between a yip and a bark. Guess it doesn't matter what the sound was, the effect had me almost on the ground rolling.  As soon as the sound left Henry, poor Pig Pen, who was in the zone and focusing on Henry almost did a back flip he was startled so badly.

Things here might settle down just a bit, but there is always little things like this that keep us off balance just enough to keep us on our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment