Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Attack of the Cough-Sneeze Coupons for colds





Well I started writing my post a bit late today. Decided I was going to back to bed after shoving the kiddies out the door. I so deserved it, and needed it. After I woke up I spent some time waking up, ok a lot of time waking up.

Then it was off and running...um not running, definitely not running. This mommy does not run, that is unless a kid (Superman) decides to run into the street or something along that order. I have tried to run, oh yes I have. I tried running the dogs, they loved it, I do not. I almost died. I only ran half a block.


To give myself some credit, I did have a sinus cold or it might have been pneumonia or bronchitis. I don't really know, but I was sick and I did try. It is not for me whether sick or well, I'll leave that for some other mom.

Anyhow back to my not running, out the door I went to do some errands. First it was driving to get gas with fingers crossed hoping I didn't run out of gas on the way. Now usually this wouldn't be a problem since the gas station is not too far from me and is down hill, but today I was going to a different gas station much farther away and up hill. Now you ask, “why in the world would you go to a much further gas station if there is one right there?” I will tell you, I am in a program with my grocerystore (I just looked on the site and you can earn Fuel Perks by shopping online at over 700 stores). For every purchase over a certain amount I gain Fuel Perk rewards. These rewards are usable for gas at a certain gas station, which is not located near me. I just happened to have enough points to get .75 off per gallon of gas. So I went as long as I could without getting gas so I could really fill up with this savings. I ended up putting 17 gallons of gas into a 15 gallon tank (mental note...check for vapor lock) for $40 bucks. Yeah me! So then off to finish the errands, and get home in time to wake DH for work.

With all errands done and DH up, and all the other stuff that comes with getting him ready for work done, I finally had a moment to sit down and start working on this post. The house was quiet, with each of us doing our own thing when all of a sudden I started coughing and before I could even catch my breath a squeak of a sneeze popped out. What the heck was that, I say, while DH starts cracking up. At least I made him laugh. Thinking I'm getting a cold, yeah I'm sure of it since I woke up this morning with my face and head feeling like a vice is trying to squeeze my brains out through my stuffed up nose. Time to run out and get some cold medicine ASAP. That is after I finally get this posted.
Here's some coupons for cold medicine to stock your medicine cabinet.
Tylenol $1.00 off coupon
Nyquil $1.00 off coupon
Sudafed $2.00 off coupon


No comments:

Post a Comment