Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ME, ME,ME


     Man I hurt today. My whole body is killing me right now. I guess it wouldn't be so bad except the fact that no doctor seems to know why this happens to me. You see, for some reason all my joints and especially the joints that receive pressure while I'm sleeping will all of a sudden become painful. This of course leads to a horrible nights sleep, while I'm tossing and turning around trying to find a position that isn't painful. You all know a horrible nights sleep leads to a very tired, cranky, totally out of it mom. I will have to give the kids a heads up, if they see me...run the other way because I am no longer mommy, I'm the head biting monster of your dreams. Oh, wow. Light bulb just turned on. Could I really be the monster in Superman's dreams? Have to tackle that one another day, today is all about me. Me,me,me,me.

     So back to me...so usually when this muscle thing happens I usually end up with a headache the size of a mountain. I currently have one that is only the size of a small hill, so far so good. Like I said, this happens all of a sudden. I have actually enjoyed a couple of months with very little flair up, so I really cant complain. Unfortunately when these flair-ups do happen it pretty much reduces me to a pile of "I don't do anything" blob. So a blob I shall be, and I shall make my family do my bidding. I am after all the Queen here.

     If I have the energy I will be making this recipe later for dinner, if not they can fend for themselves. I found this in mom's recipe box. I have never tried it out, so here goes nothing.

Ham and Swiss Casserole

Ingredients:

3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 (6 oz) cans mushrooms, drained ( will not be using these)
1 1/2 cups dice cooked ham
1 1/2 cups dice Swiss cheese ( I only have shredded)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3 eggs
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Bring large pot of water to boil, add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente: drain
Pre-heat oven to 400F
Toss drained noodles with 2 teaspoons oil.
Heat remaining oil in a skillet and saute onion over medium heat until soft.
Combine noodles, mushrooms, ham, Swiss cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Transfer to a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
In a bowl mix together egg and milk: pour over noodle mixture.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
Bake for 30 minutes.
serves 6

     If I make this I will post the pictures later, but in the off chance I don't get this made today I will certainly post the pics when I do make it.
Update: I spaced out taking the pictures...again. One of these days I'll get it together with the pictures. 

Oh My Gosh, You Have to Like Me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment