Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Big Freeze Baby

     I am a freeze baby! I will admit it. Here in Minnesota it is almost 40 degrees out and as they say misting. Now for here at this time of year, this is a heat wave, but yet I am freezing. I have two pairs of socks on, two shirts, and seriously thinking about putting on some long johns under my jeans. Furnace is set at 72 degrees, so what seems to be the problem here? I have no idea, but it's driving me crazy.  My poor hands can barely move because they are so cold!

     Now I would make me a nice fire in the fireplace and snuggle up under some blankets, that is IF I had a fireplace. So I will resort to taking a nice pipping hot shower to unfreeze these old bones of mine, and do alittle baking. Thinking of making something I pulled out of my moms recipe boxes that I received when she died. Now I don't remember her ever making this particular recipe, but then again I've made a few recipes that I don't remember her ever making. This one is called E+Z Bars. Not sure where she got it from as the writing on the card is not hers.

     First you take a stick of margarine or butter (I only use butter) and place it in a 9"x13" baking pan. I cut my stick up in pieces to help it melt better. Place it in oven while it heats up to 350 degrees until the butter is melted. Then add the cup of crushed graham crackers. I had to crush a bit more as one cup didn't quite cover the bottom of the pan.
     Now pat the graham crackers in to make a crust.

 















 Next we get to add the chocolaty goodness!

















Two more steps until we can put this in the oven people!
Next we are going to add the chopped nuts. I used walnuts for this.


















 Now we add the can of sweetened condensed milk for the topping. Just drizzle that good stuff all over.

















  Oh my goodness these things smell wonderful as their baking. By the way I'm multi-tasking here. Blogging and baking at the same time! Some times I really surprise myself.
Anyhow here is the final step before we can chow down on these babies.
Stick the pan in the by now 350 degree pre-heated oven, and bake for 25 minutes. Hopefully they should turn out like this...















      Now the hard part...waiting until they are cool enough to cut and eat. Enjoy!



E+Z Bars

Ingredients:

1 Stick of margarine or butter
1 12oz. bag chocolate chips
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

Melt stick of butter in pan in the oven
Add cup of crushed graham crackers and pat like for a crust
Add the chocolate chips
Add the chopped nuts
Drizzle with the sweetened condensed milk
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


Like Me on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment