Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Attack of the Laundry Monster!



     

     Lately it seems as if there is a little monster in my house that creates extra laundry. I'm not sure where this little monster came from, but I'm not liking him one bit!  He can just go back to where he came from.




Now we have five people here in the house plus three dogs. There is myself the Queen, my DH, the sixteen year old Princess (she really doesn't act the part, but since I'm the Queen she gets the title anyhow), the six year old Jokester,  and the four year old Superman. Then we have Henry the Beagle who's two, Baby Girl (B.G.) the three legged Rotti/Dobbi  mix who we found wandering, she's eight, and last but not least,  Smokey the Cocker Spaniel who is also eight. He is B.G.s life long friend who we didn't find wandering, but ended up finding anyhow.  Very crazy story there for another time.
 



    Anyhow back to the laundry monster. Usually there is three loads of laundry each week. Princess washes her own so I'm only doing laundry for four. However lately I have been doing five loads of laundry every four or five days, so this means I must have a laundry monster lurking some place in the house. I hate laundry, and now it's taking over my life. I guess I don't mind the washing part or the folding part, but for some reason I have issues with the delivery part. I hate putting the laundry away, therefore everyone's clothes are usually to be found in a basket somewhere.
 





     To help me with all this extra laundry the monster is creating for me I have started making my own laundry soap. It's kinda a pain in the tush, but we are by no means well off, and anyway I can save a buck or two is a good thing. The soap works fairly well, doesn't leave a perfume smell, and usually I don't have to use dryer sheets for the static cling. Although now that it's winter I have found I need to use them since it's so dry out. The one draw back is that it doesn't remove tough stains, and after about a month I will have to use regular detergent to remove the greying from the whites. This could be because I made a very concentrated soap. If I added more water to the soap I'm sure this would go away. It costs me about $4.00 to make this and it will last me around three months. Though at the rate the laundry monster is creating the piles I'm sure it wont last as long.

 Like Me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment