Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye Old Year: Things I Have Learned


     

     So the end of the year is just around the corner here. We all know what that means, new resolutions. I usually don't do this because I end up forgetting what I vowed to do for the year within a week. However this year I just might give it a try again. Hopefully it will last longer than a day. Hey come on now at least I tried!


      I'm finding it hard to come up with something unique. I mean I could say, to loose 10lbs, or quit smoking, or love myself more, get the house organized, but those are so over done don't you think? (plus,in my case unattainable) Now I'm not saying those things aren't good ideas, I just want something a bit different. That's just the way I roll dontcha know.


     So maybe you guys can give me some idea's. Just remember they have to be unique, and actually something I can do. If you don't give me any idea's then I guess I shall not partake of the New Years tradition and I shall be sad. So make sure you leave your idea's in the comment box below. 


     Some things I learned this year are: 
I can actually grow a veggie garden. I have also learned that the little rabbits that visit our yard loved everything I grewLittle bastards. 


     I have learned that Superman continues to astound me with the things that pop out of his mouth. Some of them make me laugh, some of them make me wonder just what is going in that little head of his. His latest is, "my weinner hurts." "Why does your weinner hurt Superman?" "Cuz when I eat pizza it hurts." I'm sorry, say again please? Where does this kid come up with this stuff? He hadn't even taken a bite of his pizza yet. Flawed logic there young one. 


     I have learned that when you spend $900.00 on getting the truck back on the road, it will drop it's muffler one week later three hours before I had to go to work. This resulted in an extra $400.00 spent. Stupid truck!

     I have learned that when the lovely Mother Nature drops 12+" of snow on you in one shot, "plowing" the drive way with the van is not a good idea. Said plowing resulted in power steering going out. Now must drive broken van because broken truck is broken worse than broken van. (it wasn't me)


     I have learned that I now hate snow. 80 some inches of that white stuff almost killed me. We do not have a snow blower it was all done by shovel. Thank God for Princess's young back! Thinking of getting a snow blower, then again this year I only had to shovel once. I'll put that on the back burner for now, and kick myself in the ass later.


     I have learned that two boys, two years apart is enough to test anyone's sanity. Then again maybe I wasn't sane to begin with. The fighting is enough to send me to the looney bin...can't wait until they are teenagers. NOT.


     I have learned to test the limits of my family's taste buds, and actually have fun. Some were good some were bad. Some I think they actually would have killed me if it weren't for the fact they need me so much.


     I have learned my kids are smart-ass's. Hmm wonder who they got that from? Certainly not me, right? 


     I have learned that sometimes you just have to roll with it. Fighting it just makes it worse. 


     I have learned my children are precious when they are sound asleep and not causing chaos. Watching them sleep is the most awesome thing in the world besides holding them the day they were born. 


    So what are some things you learned this year? I hope that we all can continue learning as we go. 
May God bless you in this coming New Year, just as he has blessed me in this year.

   
Start the New Year Off by Liking Me on Facebook
    



     

    

No comments:

Post a Comment