Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Jokester AKA Joe


     Introducing the Jokester AKA Joe. This kid just makes me shake my head sometimes. I wonder what is going on in his mind. Joe is the middle child and he grew up in our restaurant we ran while living on DH's Reservation. He would go around to people and mooch french fries from the customers. Needless to say he really likes the fries.




Joe likes to think he is funny and like to make people laugh. He tells really bad jokes, but usually will do something he thinks is funny. Like say, instead of giving you a kiss goodnight he will wait until the very last second and lick your nose instead. He finds this hilarious, I thought it was funny the first time, not any more. He likes to pull stunts, which Superman thinks is really cool (remember the story of the bed jumping, guess who's idea it was?). He likes to live vicariously through Superman. When I say this I mean he comes up with ideas that he knows are no-no's, and has Superman do it, and then comes and tells on him.

Joe thought having a peanut shell stuck in his hair was just the craziest thing.

     Now Joe and Robert are your typical brothers, and when I say this I mean they fight like there is no tomorrow. Someone is always picking on the other. When Robert was a baby Joe would beat up on him. I told Joe that one day Robert would be big enough to whoop his butt, and I would just say, "I told you so" when that day came. Well that day came and Joe was absolutely astounded that Robert knocked him on his butt. You know what I said don't you? These two can go from killing each other one second to falling down laughing the next. 

Now is this the face of a kid who would do anything wrong?

      Joe is my little helper, that is, only when he is in the helping mood. If he's in that mood, this kid will constantly ask me if there is anything he can help with. He likes to help Princess do the dishes, she's not so keen on the idea. Makes more work for her. I had a garden this summer, and of course he wanted to help. Unfortunately his version of helping ended up with him and his brother playing in the dirt. In all fairness he did actually learn something about the food we eat. I must have done something right. 
     Getting Joe outside to play this summer was hard. You see Joe likes to veg out in front of the TV watching cartoons or playing video games. When I told him to go outside his response to me was, "um, yeah I'm not really an outside kinda person". My response was, " um, yeah today you are so move your butt". I found the best way to get him outside is to give him learning lessons. Loves to gain knowledge this kid does. 

     Joe started Kindergarten last year, and had a very hard time of it. Not his fault at all the school he was in was, to say nicely...a HUGE disappointment. I still get in a rage when the subject is brought up. Anyhow, three days before pictures Joe fell off the monkey bars and came home with a very fat, black and blue lip. After making sure he was ok, the thought of there goes the perfect school picture down the tube, but it captures the essence of Joe just being a boy.  


       All in all Joe is a fun loving, snuggling, sport loving, goof ball. He is my goof ball. One of his spelling words was "nut", and when I gave him an example of the word used in a sentence it was this, " you are a nut, and your driving me nuts". He thought that was pretty funny, but he remembered the word. Mission accomplished.

Joe showing off his hair doo, he did by himself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment