Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post Christmas: The Recovery


     Wow! I survived Christmas! Nobody ended up in the hospital, presents all were wrapped, and not lost and given to the right persons, everybody ate till their hearts were content. I'm so glad it's over! Now don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. Just hate all the crap that comes with it. You know what I'm talking about right...the running around frantic looking for the items on the list, the extra grocery shopping for the holiday meals, the extra cooking. The best one is trying to fit all the extra garbage in the garbage container so you don't get charged extra from the environmental waste collector. A side note here, who decided to give them this title? I'm sorry it's garbage, and they are garbage collectors. Ok, back to surviving Christmas.

     Princess got her computer, while we tried to find a laptop for her, it was not to be. She did end up with a computer that blows DH's, and my computers away. Totally want to give her my piece of crap and take the new puter. Thinking she might not like that, but I guess I should be happy for the fact I no longer have to share my puter with her.

     Superman got his race track, in fact he got two. I hesitated to get him these since it has pieces, and Superman and pieces just don't go together. If you look at any room in my house you will find a piece or two to various things. This would be Superman. He has this thing where he likes to play with a piece of say a track and turn it into a gun. Said gun will make it through the house while he shoots various bad guys, and when he's done shooting the bad guy he will drop the "gun" wherever he is and move on to something else. Usually finds a better "gun" and goes from there. Therefore my house is covered in pieces of "guns".

      Jokester was ecstatic that he got a table top pool table...finally a pool table. This kid has been bugging us for one since he was two. He calls it shoot ball, so for four years I have been hearing, "mom can we get a shoot ball table?" The answer has always been no because we don't have the room, and they are too expensive. This kid has done almost nothing but play "shoot ball" for three days can you say very happy?

     DH received big cups. Now don't go thinking something dirty here, cuz it isn't what it sounds like. You see we have some left over large coffee cups from the restaurant, and he wanted us to grab some more of them. We looked high and low in the house for these big cups, and they were no where to be found. So I took the boys out shopping on the hunt for big cups. Five stores later I finally found the perfect big cups, so we quick bought them and brought them home and wrapped them before DH got home from work. I unfortunately forgot a vital piece of the whole gift giving thing. I forgot to tell Superman that presents were supposed to be a surprise. The next day Superman walks up to DH and proudly proclaims, "guess what dad? We got you big cups!" Oh snap! Mental note either make sure you tell Superman to keep a secret, or don't bring him with. DH did have to wait a week to get his "big cups", but he sure enjoyed the looks on the boys faces when he opened the present.

     The family finally got a Wii for Christmas. I have been putting this off for some time. Why I don't know, but I did. Probably had to do with the price or something. So for three days the family has been playing the Wii. I have never played this before, and I should have known something would happen, and it did. You see I have this fierce competitive streak in me, and everything I do I have to do the best. This stupid streak has resulted in me totally messing up my arm. OMG it hurts so bad! I'm thinking I can use this to my advantage somehow though. Like, "honey can you do this or that for me? My arm hurts too much." Oh yeah I see a plan forming here.

     I hope your Christmas was as good as mine, and I hope you all survived it in one piece. Just remember you can sit back and relax for another year before we all have to subject ourselves to the craziness that makes up Christmas. In the mean time, grab yourself some chocolate and indulge yourself...you deserve it.

Like Me on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment