Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Is That a Foot Up My Nose?


This morning as I tried to roll over I came in contact with a foot on my pillow. This was not DH's foot, nor was it mine. I am not that flexible anymore. (now isn't that a pretty picture to imagine?) It seems Superman decided at some point to crawl into bed, and it was his foot I came face to foot with. It never fails that he will somehow manage to flip himself around on about a foot of space to rest his feet on my pillow. I truly wish I was awake to witness this awesome act, but alas I was sound asleep thanks to some muscle relaxers. 


 

In my sleep induced state of mind I managed to grab my phone and take a picture. Did you know it's very hard to take a picture half asleep, and facing away from the camera? It resulted in a blurry picture, but at least you can get the idea of what I awoke to when I sort of turned around. 

Now Superman isn't the only one who did this. When she was younger Princess would flip and flop around like a fish. One night I was woke up to her trying to shove her big toe into my nose. It was the last time she was allowed to sleep with me. The toe in the nose was a bit too much.

Jokester now he doesn't do the flip flop thing. His head will stay on the pillow, however his legs will be all over the place. I think he has restless leg syndrome in the truest sense. This kid runs in his sleep. A person never knows what might get kicked, or when it will happened.

We don't usually let the boys sleep in the bed unless they are sick. However they do manage on occasion to sneak in there, and the out come usually ends with a foot or two on my pillow, or I get kicked. Happy morning to me. 

      
The mound in the background would be DH, and the empty space is where I just vacated after pushing Superman over a bit so I could climb out without sitting on his head. He really needs to find a different way to sleep. I can just see the headlines, "mom kills child after sitting on his head". 

No comments:

Post a Comment