Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Flash Back in Time: Ravioli Casserole for Crock Pot


   I was digging again in Ma's recipe boxes and came across this one. Apparently I put a few recipes in there,since this one is in my writing from way back when I cared if people could actually read my writing. Oh so nice and neat it was. Keep in mind I have never tried this recipe, in fact a lot of the recipes you find on here is just me trying new recipes. Ready for the adventure? If it is a recipe I have tried, I will make sure I put in in the post. Any how back to this recipe.

     Now when I took the photo of the ingredients I missed a couple of things, so please don't go by the photo. Make sure you check the recipe at the bottom of this rambling.


     Ok back again...having problems staying on task here. So I will tell you a bit about this recipe that I wrote down all those years ago. First it is a Crock Pot recipe. I love these kinds of recipes, but I always forget to start them early enough to have them done by dinner. Not today! Secondly the directions call for just throwing all the ingredients in the pot, including the raw hamburger. Yeah, I just have a problem with that. You see running a restaurant kind of makes you think about the temperature of the meats your cooking. I have gotten most of my Crock Pots used, so I have no idea if they are cooking at their correct temperature. Better to be safe than sorry. I cooked the hamburger before placing in the pot. I'm going to add a bit of water to compensate for the lack of liquid from the meat.

Cooked hamburger with the missing onion and garlic

     Next  I added the tomato sauce, I only used a large can which was one ounce off of the total amount, added the stewed tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper, and would have added the oregano, but I found out that I was out so I used basil instead, thawed spinach, and finally the bow tie noodles. (note I should have mixed it all up before adding the noodles, would have made it much easier.)


     Then we add the last ingredients, the grated Parmesan, and Mozzarella cheese. I debated on whether to just sprinkle it on top, or to mix it in. I decided to mix it in since it wasn't going to be getting that nice brown color you get in the oven. 





     That's it! Now you just turn your Crock Pot on low for the next 7-8 hrs. Kick back and enjoy your day. I will let you know how this tastes when we eat if for supper tonight. If you try this, post your comments down below. Well I guess post any comments you have down below. You  have a good day now.


OMG I forgot to post the recipe! Here it is.

Ravioli Casserole

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb hamburger
1 medium  onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced (I used two since I really like garlic)
2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce ( I used one 15 oz can)
1 can (14 oz) stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried crushed Oregano ( I used Basil since that's what I had)
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

1pkg (10 oz.) frozen , chopped spinach thawed
1pkg (16 oz) bow tie pasta cooked (I put mine in uncooked-oops fingers crossed)
1/2 c. grated parmesan
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella

Directions: Throw in a Crock Pot on low for 7-8 hrs.




No comments:

Post a Comment