Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Laying Down the Law

I have lost it. Yep plain ole lost it. I'm getting sick and tired of telling the boys to do something, and them not listening. I do not like repeating myself, but with them I sound like a broken record. Well tonight I'm done.


The boys were actually playing great together for a really long period of time, which happens like maybe twice a year. They were having a good ole time destroying a ball, balloon, and who knows what else...I'm sure I'll step on the pieces later tonight. They also were playing with the retractable dog leash, which they know is a no,no. Told them several times to put it away. Did they listen...of course not. Just like when they didn't listen when I told them to eat their dinner. Guess what went into the garbage?


On school nights we start getting jamma's on and doing Superman's neb and all the good stuff that goes with getting ready for bed at 7PM. Tonight however they decided once again not to listen to me. Saw that one coming didn't you. After 20 minutes of telling them to put the dog leash away, and 15 minutes of me telling them to get their jammies on, I lost it. I will freely admit it, I lost it.


I walk into the living room and start heading down the hallway...Jokester is the first to see me and starts moving to the living room where his jammies are, Superman is still attached to the dog leash and doesn't have a clue yet that I'm on my way. He finally looks up and sees me and immediately starts saying, "I'm sorry mom" over and over again. He now starts heading back to the living room. 


I manage to grab Jokester's arm and spin him around and start marching him towards the stairs, catching Superman as we go. Jokester is crying, "I don't have my jammies on", superman is still on the I'm sorry mom thing. I bellow, GET UP STAIRS...NOW! Both boys are now crying and saying sorry. I yell once more, "I don't care if your sorry. You were told to leave the dog leash alone and get your jammies on. Your going to bed now!" 


Screw the jammie's, screw brushing teeth, screw the meds (DH is gonna get my head for this one if he reads this post), screw going potty, screw getting tucked in, screw getting the music box wound up, screw the snot running down both faces. I'm done. Not playing this game any more.
I gave each of them their good night kisses snot and all, shut off the light and went downstairs.


Five minutes later Jokester walks into the kitchen where I am, and says to me, "we really need to talk about this." Whoa there boy, just who do you think you are? He really has no clue he's adding fuel to the fire and that I'm at the exploding point. I look at him and say, " Jokester, I'm tired of telling you guys to do stuff over and over again. You don't listen to me until I'm screaming at you. I don't like yelling and I told you nicely to put the dog leash away. I told you nicely to get your jammie's on. You and Superman decided you didn't need to listen to me. You both caused this, now get - into - bed."


Five minutes later Superman is in the kitchen telling me he really wants to play. Oh really? So I told him no and to get back up into bed. I'm thinking what the fuck boys, do you really not hear me or what? My head is ready to explode from the headache they have given me. Oh happy night, but at least I laid down the law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment