Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Toe to Toe


I have this thing where I stub my toes on other peoples toes. NO,no,no that's not quit right...other people stub their toes on my toes. Yeah that's it. It has no bearing on the fact that I am the one who is walking, none at all. DH, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

It all began one night when I was walking over to DH (who was sitting on the couch) to give him a hug. And that's when it happened! His damn toe attacked mine! It just patiently waited until my toe was in range and jumped out and stubbed it's self on my toe. I was hopping up and down like a crazy rabbit yelling ow-wee, ow-wee, and he was grabbing his toe, moaning ohhh that hurts, ouch, ohhhh. Our eyes met and we both burst out laughing while we were still crying over the pain.

He says, "how do you manage to stub your toe on mine? You should really learn how to walk." Oh no! He didn't go there now did he. It wasn't me at all, and here's my reasoning.
First off... he had a blanket over his feet...like I would know there's a toe there.
Secondly...there was so much crap in the area that I would have to have been in special ops to maneuver around it all.
thirdly...my equilibrium has been way off lately, so it's not that I don't know how to walk, it's just that the world keeps tilting on me, and no I haven't been drinking. See not my fault at all. 



So this has happened a couple of times, and each time DH looses a bit more of his sense of humor. I tell him he needs to laugh through the pain. Lighten up already. Plus it's not just between DH and me. Princess has done it to me too. I was just standing there, when she stubbed her toe on mine as she walked by. 

Either people in this house need to quit stubbing their toes on mine or I'm going to have to invent a "nut cup" for toes pretty soon. Hmm, I can see dollar signs already!

No comments:

Post a Comment