Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Little Girl

Oh Lord it's one of those days where the humor just seems to be hiding from me, and I'm all in a funk. I wrote this for a friend a while back, but in truth...it's part of my story.


So the little girl could not understand why this all was happening to her. She prayed to God every day, only to find He had left no answer. The days dragged on, while she carried this burden only to make repeated mistakes based on her emotions. Dear Lord, if another does not respect my body, then why Lord should I? I can use it to get what I think I want and need, everybody just uses it the way they want anyways. 


And so the choices she made as life went on left scars much deeper than he ever did. The "hiding" the pain in a bottle of whiskey worked only for alittle while, eventually she was drowning and her "life vest" couldn't save her. It was time to confront the demons that stalked her day in and day out. Dear Lord, she said I've made a bigger mess. How do I become happy and enjoy this life you've given? 


Dear child he said, all you have to do is love and forgive. Give me your burdens, and I will take them for you. Rest in peace tonight dear child for there is a reason this happened to you. You felt this violation so that you may help another. Someone who is just as lost as you were so many years ago. Guide her and keep her safe, you know the path to get through the pain. When she stumbles, help her to walk tall. When she makes the wrong choices direct her straight, and know dear child that even though you don't always hear me...I'm just a heart beat away. 


So with that chapter coming to an end, a new one begins. The little girl, now a woman and a mother reaches out her hand to help the other stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment