Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Women are Not Idiots

I really hate it when a guy acts like you don't have a clue. I mean just because your a female doesn't mean that God didn't give you a brain. I'm not saying that every woman out there has knowledge of everything but that doesn't mean she is stupid, it just means she hasn't had the opportunity to learn. Seeing a woman acting all stupid in front of a guy drives me nuts, it's so degrading to the rest of us. Stop it! If you are guilty of this, I now give you a cyberspace bitch slap, stop it I said. If you just want to be catered to and be a princess, well then go ahead, but don't act stupid and sell yourself or us short. 


I don't know when this behavior started, but I do know that it's been going on for along time, probably since the beginning of time. I might make some enemies by saying that women can not do everything a guy can, there are some things that we do need help with or struggle to do. The same is true if you flip the coin.


Now I get the whole concept of the need to make a man feel needed, you know the male ego thing. However I struggle with this one. I am  a very independent person. I was taught that if you want something done right and done now, do it yourself. I do not have the patience to sit there asking DH over and over again to do something that I am perfectly capable of doing. It's a waste of time, and only gets me frustrated, but heaven forbid I do a "mans" job. Not even going to touch that subject today. 


DH and I both bring different things that we do well into the relationship. Like DH is a much better cook than I am. He can look in the pantry and whip something up out of nothing, I can not do that at all. He spent much of his life working in restaurants and working with chefs and cooks, me I would much rather prefer to go to a restaurant and have someone else cook for me. I don't have the experience that he does, but I am learning. For me, I bring the ability to work on vehicles to the relationship. I never liked working on cars, but most of the ex-boyfriends were mechanics so I picked up things while I helped. I can tear apart a motor and rebuild it, but again, I would rather pay someone to do it for me.


There are many other traits that we both bring to the relationship, and that is what part of being in a relationship is all about. Where one is weak the other is strong. What seems to happen here is...I get schooled on how to fix a car from someone who has much less experience than myself. Please don't tell me the truck got fucked up because I didn't change the oil, and further more don't be telling other people that this is what happened, especially when neither of us actually knew at the time what happened to the truck. It's all about the facts here buddy.


Oh I must still be steaming over this cuz here it comes. Fact a motor will not blow up if you don't change the oil on a regular basis. It will if you never change it. It does wear on the motor and eventually...say like several years later will be part of the problem but that is not the case here. Fact a motor will blow a rod even if the oil is changed on a regular basis if the motor is just plain worn out. Fact a motor will seize up if there is no oil in it, or if there was enough damage to the head due to overheating. I wont even mention the fact that someone said they would change the oil before it got cold out...oops, I did, my bad.  Fact non of this happened to the truck. It was a mechanic failure, and had absolutely nothing to do with the motor. Guess I need to school my mechanic on how to tighten fucking bolts. 


I really don't appreciate being treated like an idiot in an area that I have a lot of experience in, and by all means I'm not saying I know everything about working on a car. I don't try to teach him how to cook, I mean that would be asinine. I do run new things I learn about cooking by him to see what he thinks, some of it is new to him, some not. I do try to let him work on the truck without being condescending. If you already know it, just let me know and I will move on to something else. I will not sit there and re-school you on something you already know. It's just a waste of our time. 


Men need to stop treating us like idiots because we are not. If you have the need to pretend you are stupid, you really should re-read the first paragraph. Smack upside your head bee-och. Our brains are perfectly capable of learning new things. So please don't go around acting like we are just stupid and need to be taken care of. If it came down to it, we really could figure out how to do it on our own. We might not "get-er-done" right the first time, and we probably wouldn't win any speed tests, but we'll get there...eventually. Life is in fact all about learning and gaining knowledge, and it's very debilitating when your not even given the chance to try learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment