Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Nerves Like Wet Spaghetti Noodles


Jokester is really getting on my nerves today. He is the type of kid who needs constant interaction with other people, or needs constant stimulation from video games or movies. I think silence makes him very uncomfortable. 

All is fine if someone is playing with him, or he is playing a video game. If say Superman decides he wants to do something by himself, Jokester has a fit. He will mope around and in general become a huge pain in the ass to me. I could literally play with him for twelve hours and he still wouldn't be happy. 

Superman on the other hand, likes to do his own thing. If he needs someone to play with him, he will politely ask you to play with him. If you happen to be busy at the moment he will usually wait patiently until your done doing whatever it is.

Not Jokester. He will hound you every three minutes. "Mom, can I play games on the computer?" "Not right now Jokerster." Three minutes later, "mom how about now?" "Jokester, I will tell you when it's time, now go play with something else." Three minutes later, "mom"..."Jokester if you ask me one more time you will not be playing on the computer, do you hear me?" "Yeah." One minute later, "now?" "Ok Jokester, no computer today. I'm done with this stuff." I have to push him away, or he will just sit there and do those deep sighs until he gets his way. I'm not playing that game either.  

It doesn't matter if you just played three games of pool, or swords, or the new game he invented. He want's you to play with him non-stop. Unfortunately I can not do this. I have meals to make, laundry to do, dog hair to vacuum, and other various things that need to be done in order to make the house run. 


So we are painfully and very slowly working on getting his imagination working so that he doesn't need the constant stimulation. He really does have an awesome imagination if only he would use it. In the mean time I will continue to be the "mean" mom. 


Random thought: A hidden tube of chap stick when placed in the dryer will and has melted all over the laundry. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment