Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

What to Wear When the Truck Breaks...Again


I went to get dressed today, and was looking for my sweat pants, cuz it's that kind of day. They are nowhere to be found. I looked in all my drawers, hit DH's dresser, the boys dressers...nowhere. I looked in the dirty baskets just in case I wore them and didn't remember, not there. The only place I didn't look was in Princess's room. Why would I look there? Well occasionally when she does her laundry and sees I only have a few dirty clothes she offers to wash mine too. (I know! What teenager does this right?)  I suppose I should go look in there, but I don't want too. She has this habit of washing my clothes with her's but never gets them out of her room. I was looking for a specific pair of pants for Superman one day and could not find them. Three months later I happened to be in her room, and there they were. I guess I should just be happy she's helping me.

So until I find my sweat pants, I am forced to wear a pair of pants that are um... a tad too small. You see I don't have many pants that actually fit me. All my money goes to getting what the family needs, and in the off chance there's some left over for me, I don't usually spend it on myself anyhow. I'm unselfish that way. I really should spend some money on some pants because the ones I have on now are going to cut off my circulation and cut me in half. Either that or do a load of laundry. Nope, not gonna be doing that today. Actually what I should do is, make a pattern of the jammy pants that I loved so much I wore them out, and make a new pair. I wore those things everywhere. They were actually mens lounging pants that passed as sweat pants...sort of. Close enough.

 Yeah this isn't my thing.

No I don't go around like some of those women who go out looking like they just rolled out of bed, with their actual pj's and slippers on. It's the lounge pants or slippers, never both at the same time. Come on I do take alittle pride in myself, though not much. Who has time to fix their hair and be in command of three kids, three dogs, and a DH? Well I guess there are some of those types out there, but not me. I like to be comfortable, and I'm done with my days of being with the latest trends. Got more important fish to fry. Like finding out where my sweat pants disappeared to.

Princess's friend gave us some dog supplies the other day since they got rid of all their dogs. One of the things she gave us was one of those food and water bowl stands for large dogs so they don't have to bend down to eat and drink. Cool! Only thing is it's HUGE, and my kitchen is small

I put a coffee can next to it so you can see how big this thing is.

There isn't a place for it, yet. In order to get this thing it's own home will result in clearing off the only little counter space I have and putting DH's coffee maker on it, and moving the shelf unit that it currently sits on. I have to clean out my pantry to make room for the shelf thingy in there, and then there will be a spot for it. I debated on whether to use the thing, but BG seems to like it. This is going to be a couple hours long project. I really don't feel like doing this, but I'm tired of tripping over it. 

On another note, I really hate vehicles. After spending well over a thousand dollars on my stupid truck, I now have a new problem. There is something wrong with the valve stem on one of my back tires. Which I found out when I went to put air in it last night. Now I had tried to put air in it the other week, and had trouble but I thought it was due to the air hose I used because I had trouble with all the tires. Guess not. So now my tire is at like 25 pounds and I have no way to get air in the stupid thing. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it since I will be getting new tires here shortly. I just wanted to put it off a bit longer than what it seems to turning out to be. Damn truck. Guess I'll have to go out and put the spare on. Don't wanna...it's cold out! Any volunteers? Please? I'm begging now.

No comments:

Post a Comment