Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yes I am Fickle


Well the other week I thought I would switch sites for the ease of doing things. Turns out the other site, while super for somethings, turns out to be much harder to work with. So I guess I shall use this for most of my posts, and for the ones that require that extra something else. I will use the other site. You will be able to link to each site to make sure you don't miss anything. However the best way to get the latest posts is to Like Me on Facebook. Each post is posted there. Am I fickle? Why yes I am. I really never used to be like this...honestly it's a newer thing with me.

On with the show, here we go

I'm the type of person who has to sleep with a blanket. It doesn't matter if it's hotter than hell outside I have to have my blanket. It might just be wrapped around my legs (never the feet), or maybe just thrown across my mid section, but it is always there. Now here is where the problem is...

My DH is HOT! Bet you didn't know that now did you? You probably are thinking I'm talking about physical features here, and yes he is, but that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm really talking about here is the fact he is hot temperature wise.

 When he comes to bed he literally raises the temperature in the room like 5 degrees. I don't mind the fact that he warms the room since I like to be nice and toasty when I sleep. What I don't like is that he heats the bed up so hot I can't sleep, and I'm not talking bout the rocking of the motion here. Just plain ole sleeping going on here folks. 

At some point during the night, what I find is that I'm sweating my ass off, and my blanket is no where to be found not to mention the extra pillow I must sleep with since being preggers is missing too! My beloved blanket and pillow have somehow gotten thrown off of me to become tangled in  his cocoon of blankets. So now because I can't sleep when sweating my ass off and my blanket is no where close to me, I am now sort of awake. Hmm might be why I'm always tired.




So I now have to go on the hunt for my missing blanket and pillow, and since I'm the type of person who must immediately pee upon wakening I also have to run to the bathroom. Very much awake now. Returning to the bedroom I find he had now somehow managed to sprawl over the bed. Ok maybe not really sprawl since he's still all cocooned up, but he has somehow managed to take over the whole bed including the tiny spot I just vacated.

While he did leave some space, it is no where's near enough room to plant my ass let alone the rest of my body. First things first...rescue blanket and pillow! Move him around a bit to catch sight of the missing blanket, and YANK! My feet were braced and I really put my body into yanking my poor blanket. Nothing.  So now I'm wide awake, getting cold cuz I need to snuggle in my blanket, and pissed. Plus it's WAY too early to get up. It's war!

I manage to find the side of him that I need to flip his ass over with, and heave. Again nothing. When completely relaxed he weighs like four hundred pounds! I hunker down to get a better grip, and heave again. He MOVED! Hallelujah! I find my blanket but no pillow, I manage to get blanket free from his cocoon. Ha! Pillow is wrapped in blanket. Score!

Now I must straighten it all out so I can finally get back in bed and hopefully fall back asleep. Turn to hop into bed and there he is again in my spot! You may insert any lovely explosive words of your choice here, because there were too many spewing out of my mouth to type here.

So I begin the task of trying to flip him out of my spot again. Nothing. Finally I resort to smacking him and yelling at him to MOVE OVER!!! I get a grunt. Time to play hard ball now. I manage to get into bed and precariously position myself so I don't fall out of the bed, and line myself up. Time to steam roll his ass. I start rolling into him, nothing, I then start rolling myself up the side of him, he wiggles, I continue to roll over and on top of him, must be scrunching something and making him uncomfortable because he finally starts to move! I must play this wisely, because if I don't move the right way at the right time he will roll himself completely on my side of the bed, and I sure as hell ain't sleeping on his side.  I manage to time it perfectly and low and behold there is my spot! With my blanket and pillow! 

I carefully get into place, if I move too much he will steam roll me. Ha did you really think I came up with that one on my own? Get my blanket and pillow in place and hope I can fall back to sleep. Which I manage to do for oh, about an hour till Superman comes in stuffing a toy up my nose to wake me up. What is it with this family and shoving things up my nose?


No comments:

Post a Comment